14TH ANNUAL PRESERVATION ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
6 to 8:30 p.m.
Dallas City Performance Hall
Preservation Dallas presents our 14th Annual Preservation Achievement Awards recognizing the outstanding development of Dallas’ historic buildings and places, as well as the people that contribute to the city’s history. The Awards Committee invites you to the 2013 Awards and Reception at the recently completed Dallas City Performance Hall in the Arts District. This year’s awards will include a special tribute to the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza.
This year, Preservation Dallas is pleased to present Preservation Achievement Awards to:
- C.R. Berry House/5414 Worth Street
- Bishop Mouzon House/3444 University Boulevard
- Highland Park United Methodist Church Sanctuary
- Dallas Coffin Company/Nylo Dallas South Side Hotel
- Magnolia Gas Station/902 Ross Avenue (Capriotti’s)
- Luna’s Tortilla Factory/Meso Maya Restaurant
- Stevens Park Pavilion
- Dallas Power & Light Substation in Oak Cliff
- Woodrow Wilson High School
- Michael F. Dougherty House/2619 Hibernia
- Fred A. Jones Estate/3900 Mockingbird Lane
In addition, we will be presenting special recognition awards for contributions to preservation. Lindalyn Adams will receive the Dorothy Savage Award, Steve Clicque will receive the Craftsmanship Award, Oak Cliff Society of Fine Arts (Turner House) will receive the Stewardship Award, Mark Doty will receive the Spirit of Preservation Award and ARCHITEXAS will receive the Gail Thoma Patterson Award.
Awards Ceremony begins at 6 p.m. in Dallas City Performance Hall followed by a cocktail reception with live music in the lobby.
Non-Refundable Reservations Required
$50 Members/$85 Non-Members
Complimentary Valet Parking
For Reservations click here or call 214-821-3290
2012 PRESERVATION ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
Preservation Dallas presented the 13th Annual Preservation Achievement Awards on Wednesday May 16. Held at the historic Majestic Theatre, more than 300 attendees applauded outstanding development of Dallas’ historic buildings and places, as well as the people that contribute to the city’s history. The Awards Committee and our Master of Ceremony, Texas House of Representatives member Rafael Anchia, presented a wonderful event and reception.
The 2012 awards included a special tribute to the City of Dallas for their stewardship and vision for our great city, both past and present. Produced in partnership with YouPlus Dallas, we presented this video highlighting the City’s preservation initiatives:
Preservation Dallas was pleased to present 2012 Preservation Achievement Awards to:
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit Police Headquarters (Monroe Shops)
- Gloria’s Restaurant (Fire Station No. 15)
- Cottages of Eighth Street
- Hall of State Building at Fair Park
- U. S. Post Office and Courthouse (400 North Ervay)
- Interpretation Program at Fair Park
- 4519 Gaston Avenue
- First Unitarian Church
- 508 Park Avenue
- 500 South Ervay Street
In addition, special recognition awards were presented for contributions to preservation. Frances James received the Dorothy Savage Award, Francesco Costa and Cindy Maute received the Craftsmanship Award, Adamson High School Alumni Association and Eric Cowan received the Stewardship Award and Greenway Parks received the Neighborhood Achievement Award.